How to use Gmail for email notifications?
Here is a quick guide to setup Gmail for sending and receiving email notifications.
Note: We advise you to use App Passwords generated from Google for this. Steps below.
- Go to Google Accounts -> Security.
- Under Signing into Google:
- If 2-step verification is enabled:
- Go to App passwords -> generate a new app password -> Copy the password.
- If 2-step-verification is not enabled:(not recommended)
- Choose to Enable less secure apps option in Google Accounts -> Security.
- Go to Email Configuration under Settings at BlockSurvey. Click on Add Email.
- Select Gmail as a provider
- Enter mail id as username and paste the generated app password
- After adding, click on test email to verify if the setup is good.