How to setup your own domain / custom domain for BlockSurvey
Setting up your domain in BlockSurvey helps you create a branded URL for your forms and surveys.
By default, any form or survey you create will be published on the blocksurvey.io URL, but you can change it to something like survey.yourdomain.com.
This tutorial will walk you through the process of setting up your custom domain on BlockSurvey.
How to add your custom domain name?
- First, log into your hosting domain provider.
- Not sure who your provider is? Check the NS hosting provider where you registered your domain name.
- Alternatively, you can use a tool like MX Toolbox's DNS Lookup to find out more information about your domain.
- In the domain settings section, look for DNS settings.
- Once you are in the DNS settings, create a CNAME record that points to links.blocksurvey.io.
- This will tell computers that when someone types in your custom domain (like survey.yourdomain.com), they should reach out to BlockSurvey.
- We've included a list of popular providers and instructions on how to set one up:
- GoDaddy: Domains Help: Add a CNAME record.
- Namecheap: How to Create a CNAME Record For Your Domain.
- Google Domains: Create an A or CNAME record.
- After you've set up your CNAME record, you'll need to wait for the DNS propagation to complete. You can use dnschecker.org to verify.
Note: This process usually takes a few hours to 48 hours, but can take longer depending on your region. If it isn't successful, reach out to us on chat.
- If the propagation is successful, add your subdomain to the Custom Domain section under Settings -> Brand -> Custom Domain.
On success, the domain will be added.
Check this tutorial to see How to create a custom URL?
Now you'll be able to set up your URL for the forms and surveys created in BlockSurvey from the share screen.