How to create hidden or custom variable using URL query string?
A hidden variable using query string in URL allows you to pre-populate data in your survey so that your survey respondents are saved from common questions like name, email id.
This is helpful when you circulate to the known audience. Eg. Name and Email-id is known, and you don't have to ask for it again.
Here are the steps to do it.
1. Go hidden variables from ' Variables' settings as shown below
2. Add two variables.
3. Use the recall function '@' to set the values to 'Welcome Screen' as shown below
4. Go to 'Share' and 'Publish.'
5. Click on ' Custom URL' and enter values.
6. Click on ' Create URL.' Use this section to create multiple URL's.
Note: If you have a list of names and emails. Copy the sample URL and generate by replacing it in excel. This can be created on your own as well.
At the end of the survey, add? followed by variable_name = value. Use & to join variables.
7. Copy the URL and share it. The email id and name will be used in the 'Welcome screen.'